An Authority on Turning Lathes
Experts with live tooling, multi-task mill-turn centers
Our expertise in advanced computerized numerical controlled programming and high-tech machining focuses on meeting customer needs through innovative and efficient design, effective tool application and thorough documentation for tracking and replication.
AB CNC has a solid foundation in all phases of production, tools, materials and supply sources so we can produce:
- Meticulously designed parts that meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Quality parts with precision and great attention to detail.
- Parts that do not need to be re-machined.
- Recommended changes to the design specs to ensure a quality machined part.
Super-Speed Vertical Machining Center; 30″ X 20″ X 20″ (762 x 508 x 508 mm), 40 taper, 30 hp (22.4 kW) vector drive, 12,000 rpm, inline direct-drive, high-speed 24+1 side-mount tool changer, 1400 ipm (35.6 m/min) rapids, 1 MB program memory, 15″ color LCD monitor, USB port, memory lock keyswitch, rigid tapping and 55-gallon (208 liter) flood coolant system.
Super-Speed Vertical Machining Center; 50″ x 26″ x 25″ (1270 x 660 x 635 mm), 40 taper, 30-hp (22.4 kW) vector drive, 12,000 rpm, inline direct-drive, high-speed 24+1 side-mount tool changer, 1200 ipm (30.5 m/min) rapids, power-failure detection module, 1 GB program memory, 15″ color LCD monitor, USB port, memory lock keyswitch, rigid tapping and 95-gallon (360 liter) flood coolant system.
HAAS Mini Mill
Vertical Machining Center; 16″ x 12″ x 10″ (406 x 305 x 254 mm), 40 taper, 7.5 hp (5.6 kW) vector drive, 6000 rpm, 10-station automatic tool changer, 1 MB program memory, memory lock keyswitch, 15″ color LCD monitor and USB port.
CNC Lathe Index ABC
The emphasis on speed and reliability means you can also produce small batches extremely economically. In short, the ABC SpeedLine provides you with plenty of capacity for additional tasks and can thus increase your output!
CNC Index G200
With a high degree of rigidity, thermal and dynamic stability as well as very good vibration-damping properties, the G200 enables production with excellent workpiece qualities.
Screw Driven Air Compressor
AB CNC Inc. Featured in Cutting Tool Engineering
Designed with Excellence in Mind
AB CNC combines expertise, creativity and craftsmanship to help you prepare for a quality part before it is machined.
Design services begin with a careful review of the drawings and the part to be machined. A quote is prepared with an eye toward cost savings and speed of production.
Simple things can make the difference. A feature that requires an additional operation might be changed so a production step can be eliminated to reduce the cost.
Common flaws in tolerances and complex design decisions are handled with ease, saving time and money.
Design services include:
- Reviewing the drawing for materials, tolerances, how long it will take to machine.
- Attention to detail in preparing and crafting each part.
- Solving problems for our customers who have built-in design challenges.
- Advising customers upfront what can and cannot be done in machining their part.
- Listening and responding to each customer’s individual needs
- Finding the best design, efficient and cost-effective solution
The Right Tool for Every Job
Lower Cost per Part
Lower operating costs and power usage
More up-spindle time for higher output
24/7 operating efficiencies
Is Lights Out Right for Your Part?
Before choosing to run a job using lights out operation, the materials, tolerances and tools are checked to be sure lights out is right for your part. This evaluation includes:
- The right type of material – brass, aluminum, stainless, some plastics work well. That means they don’t wrap around the tube or the spindle which can cause hang ups, crashes, or broken tools.
- Balancing the costs of the materials against the efficiencies gained.
- Evaluating the tolerances. It is important to know if the tolerances are right for lights out.
- Knowing the tools. Knowing how long the tool will last and where the problems are in advance so the tool can be changed when necessary.
- Watching the job run first to evaluate the job before choosing to go lights out
- Starting with a clean bin and spot check the bin at the end of lights out.
Lights out operation is a core part of AB CNC’s high production facility. Today 30 percent of AB CNC jobs are lights out with more to come.